The following are the Terms & Conditions of The Gearbox Centre Kent Ltd. (trading as The Gearbox Centre).
- All gearboxes are sold on an exchange basis. The Gearbox Centre must receive your old gearbox in order to complete any transaction.
- Where a reconditioned gearbox is delivered by courier, the delivery charge is included in the collection of the old gearbox. A refundable surcharge is applied to the exchange gearbox (contact us for additional information).
- The old gearbox must be received in an unmolested condition. The Gearbox Centre reserves the right to reject the old gearbox if it is beyond reasonable repair.
- The Gearbox Centre retains the right to withdraw from any transaction before an official agreement has been put in place.
- The Gearbox Centre applies a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty against all remanufactured gearboxes subject to the following conditions:
- Where the customer has supplied their own components, a form must be completed by the customer for the parts delivered. The customer assumes full responsibility to ensure the components are correct before delivery is undertaken by The Gearbox Centre.
- The Gearbox Centre offers no warranty on parts supplied by the customer, and accept no liability in instances where the customer has supplied substandard parts which cause subsequent damage to the gearbox.
- In instances where a suitable unit may not be available from existing stock, The Gearbox Centre, at our own discretion, may remanufacture the customer’s original unit. This will be termed and treated as an exchange unit for the purpose of the warranty.
- A full gearbox service must be carried out by The Gearbox Centre in order to maintain the warranty.
- The warranty does not cover any costs that may arise as a result of towing or recovery; nor does it cover any consequential costs that may be incurred by the customer.
- The warranty is valid for 12 months from the point of sale. No warranty work will be carried out without the original receipt.
- During the term of the 12 month unlimited mileage warranty, The Gearbox Centre will make good any defect, free of charge from materials and labour, so long as:
- The defect is not caused as a result of misuse, neglect, accident, racing or speed trials.
- The defect is not caused as a result of any modification, alteration, repair or attempted repair, excluding works carried out by The Gearbox Centre or by other persons and/or organisations authorised by The Gearbox Centre.
- The defect is reported to The Gearbox Centre in writing (or by telephone, and confirmed in writing) as soon as the defect appears.
- The unit/vehicle is returned to The Gearbox Centre for examination, and any necessary repair and replacement, as soon as is practicable, within the terms of the warranty, at the customers cost.
- The defect is not deemed to be as a result of fair wear and tear.
- The 12 month unlimited mileage warranty applies to the UK and Northern Ireland ONLY.
- In scenarios where a gearbox has been supplied but not fitted by The Gearbox Centre, the customer is responsible for removing the unit and returning it to The Gearbox Centre.
- In scenarios where a gearbox has been supplied but not fitted by The Gearbox Centre, The Gearbox Centre will not be held liable for any substandard fitting. Any unit that has been tampered with in order to fit the gearbox will void the warranty with immediate effect. This includes the incorrect grade and amount of oil.
Tel: 03333 444311
- Same-day service available (manual Gearboxes)
- Competitive pricing!
- Nation-wide fitting centres!
- Huge selection of gearboxes in stock!
- 3-point unlimited mileage guarantee!
- Fast, efficient, no nonsense service!
- Local collection of your vehicle arranged!
Collection, Delivery & Fitting
Tel: 03333 444311
- Free local recovery
- Gearboxes delivered next day nation-wide
- Vehicle collection & delivery service nation-wide
- Fitting centres across England, Wales & Scotland.